Chemist II -- 2nd Shift
San Fernando, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Chemist II is responsible for intermediate to advanced level testing and analysis of raw material, in-process blend and bulk products to determine identity, purity, strength, composition and limits of contaminants. This role also includes leading OOS investigations and identifying root cause for those failures. Chemist II reports to Quality Control Supervisor.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Performing intermediate to advanced level analytical testing on raw material, bulk and finished products.
- Performing instrument analytical testing techniques such as GC, HPLC, UPLC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS and similar.
- Leading OOS or other investigations as assigned.
- Performing other USP tests that may include techniques such titration, dissolution, UV, FT-NIR and similar.
- Training other chemists and reviewing peer data for release of product.